Vegan sooji Banana Cake

No maida is used in this cake and this made me to bake this cake. The result was really wonderful and great. Cake was moist and fluffy.

Don't roast the rava/Sooji as it will not absorb moisture after roasting. You can add elaichi powder too.


Ingredients:

Fine Sooji/Rava - 1 cup

Mashed banana - 1 cup

Oil - 1/4 cup

Water - 1/4 cup

Sugar - 1/2 cup

Baking powder - 1/2 tsp

Baking soda - 1/2 tsp

Salt - 1/4 tsp

Method:

1. If Sooji/Rava is not fine, grind it in mixie.

2. Add water and mix it sooji/Rava so that no lumps are formed.

3. I mashed the banana with baking powder and baking soda and I get a fluffy mixture.

4. Add oil and mix with banana well.

5. Add the Sooji/rava and mix well.

6. Rest it for 10 - 15 min so that Sooji will be soaked.

7. Bake it in preheated oven at 180 deg C for 30 - 35 min.

8. Remove when the cake is browned at top. Or else cake will become hard.

9. Cool and then serve.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Dhivya, am really sorry for missing out on your comment on my Arusuvai page. let me tell you firt that you have a beautiful space here. love your collection of recipes and drool worthy pctures.
    also thanks for your interest in Arusuvai. please send me your mail id so that we can talk more about this. my id is ahomemakersdiary@yahoo.in

    ReplyDelete

Give me your reviews, if any