Eggless Choclate Brownies - My 100 th Post


I proposed to bake brownies sometimes before and I have bookmarked few brownies with eggs. So I decided to bake Nita Mehta’s eggless chocolate brownies. I made few alterations to her recipe.



 
Here comes my version of brownies.

Ingredients:

Maida - 1 1/4 cups

Cocoa - 1/4 cup

Sugar - 3/4 cup [ See notes below ]

Baking powder - 1/2 tsp

Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp

Vanilla essence - 1 tsp

Oil / Butter - 1/4 cup [ I used Oil ]

Water - 1 cup [ See notes below ]

Salt - 1/4 tsp

Method:

1. Boil water. To the hot boiling water add cocoa and stir well so that lumps are removed. Let it cool.

2. Sieve Maida, baking powder, baking soda and salt twice or thrice.

3. In a bowl beat sugar and oil well.

4. Add cocoa mixture and stir well.

5. Add vanilla essence and stir well.

6. Add 2 tbsp of flour at a time and mi well.

7. Stir in all the flour and fold in for 2 min well.

8. Grease a baking tray and bake at 180 C for 25 min.

9. Remove from the oven, cool and cut into squares.

10. If needed, dust with sugar or garnish with frosting.


Notes:

1. I didn't have milk and curd at home to substitute for buttermilk. Hence I boiled water and stirred in cocoa in it. The cake was soft and delicious.

2. Recipe has only 3/4 cup of sugar. This sugar was little less. But if you want some sweeter just add 1/4 cup of sugar along with this one.


1 comment:

Give me your reviews, if any